Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sanjay Dutt Profile biography biodata Best Movie list Family Marriage






Biography / Biodata

Name
Sanjay Dutt
Nick Name
Sanju Baba
Date of Birth
July 29, 1959
Birth Place
India
Star Sign
Leo
Sanjay Dutt Height
6’2?
Eye color
Light Brown
Hair color
Brown
Father
Sunil Dutt
Mother
Nargis
Brother and Sister
Anju(Namrata Dutt) and Priya
Wife
Richa Sharma (Died of cancer )
Daughter
Trishla
Wife
Rhea Pillai (divorced. 2005) , Manyata [2008]
Girlfriends
Tina Munim, Madhuri Dixit, Rekha, Kimi Katkar, Nadia Durrani
Profession
Actor,Model
Father’s Profession
Actor,Politician
Extra skill
playback singer
School days
Lawrence School, Sanawar
Legal Problems __________
Mumbai Blasts, He used to take Drugs
Sanjay Dutt’s history of controversies

Mumbai Blasts

# Sanjay Dutt was arrested on April 19, 1993 for alleged involvement in bombings of Mumbai which killed 257 people in 1993.

# CBI alleged that that Abu Salem and his men went to Sanjay Dutt’s house on January 16, 1993 and gave him three AK-56 rifles, 25 hand grenades, one 9 mm pistol and cartridges. He returned two AK-56 rifles, hand grenades and cartridges to Hanif Kadawala and Samir Hingora but kept one AK-56 rifle with himself.

# It was alleged that Sanjay Dutt instructed his friends Yusuf Nullawalla, Kersi Adjenia, Rusi Mulla and Ajay Marwah to destroy the rifle and they did.

# It was alleged that the rifle and cartridges that Sanjay received formed part of the consignment, which was smuggled into India in pursuance to the conspiracy of Mumbai blast.

# He acknowledged that he personally knew the other accused, but denied the charges that he was involved with the larger conspiracy.

# He was found innocent in the case of Mumbai Blasts as hehasn’t used it for the furtherance of Terrorist Activities.

# However Sanjay Dutt is liable for unlawfull possesion of firearms under TADA which is unconnected to terrorist activities. On 31 July 2007, Sanjay Dutt was sentenced 6 years rigorous imprisonment under TADA.

# On August 20, 2007, the Supreme Court of India granted him interim bail.

# The actor was released from jail on August 23. No special privileges were given to the actor during his stay in the jail.

Underworld connections

# The police had audio some tapes wherein it seems that Sanjay Dutt spoke on the telephone for 45 minutes to the underworld don Chhota Shakeel in Karachi. The audio tapes show Sanjay try to please shakeel with a gift and talk about several Bollywood/Underworld figures.

# The Enforcement Directorate has questioned Sanjay Dutt about alleged connection between underworld-Bollywood. He was questioned in Bharat Shah Case. Bharat Shah is facing the charge of alleged links with Karachi-based gangster Chhota Shakeel.

Good or Bad..!?

# TADA court Judge P D Kode said in the open court:

“During my reasoning I have not found him (Sanjay) to be a terrorist.”

# When Sanjay Dutt was arrested under TADA, the people of India were on his side. People prayed for his release, special poojas were done for his release. When he was released, there was dancing on the streets.

Quantum of Punishment and chances of release
The actor , has applied for release under Probation of Offenders Act (POA). But the probation officer’s report is not binding on the court. If the judge does not extend the benefit of POA to Dutt, the actor has to undergo 6 years of rigorous imprisonment under the Arms Act.

Hot facts in Biography

# At the age of 12 he made his first film debut as a child in his father’s film “Reshma Aur Shera”.

# The hot actor  is the son of Bollywood stars Sunil Dutt and Nargis Dutt.

# His mother Nargis Dutt died a few weeks before the release of his first film. She who was suferring from cancer.

# Sanjay Dutt’s father, Sunil Dutt, was an active politician and actor. He died in May 2005. Sanjay Dutt took up drugs, while he was still in high school.

# His father who sent him to a rehabilitation center in Texas inorder to get rid of Drugs.

# Sanjay Dutt’s sister, Priya Dutt, is a politicion and at present a Member of Parliament. [2007]

# He married Richa Sharma, and the couple had a baby girl named Trishala.

# After his wife Richa Sharma’s death [due to brain tumor] he moved the court for the custody of his daughter against his in-laws, but he lost the battle.

# Daughter, Trishala, is studying Forensic Science in America.

# Sanjay Dutt and his wife Rhea Pillai divorced in 2005 after few years of marriage.

# Rhea Pillai later married tennis player Leander Paes.

Jail life of Sanjay Dutt

# 48-year-old Sanjay Dutt was shifted to the historic Yerawada jail in Pune that once had Gandhi as its inmate during the freedom struggle.

# Initialy Sanjay was kept a separate cell, which is a high-security cell with no windows and very little access to other prisoners.

# The actor  asked the Yerwada Jail authorities to grant him permission to join the Gandhi Vichar Pariksha course in the jail.

# In Yerawada Jail a programme to spread Gandhian principles among the inmates was introduced in 2002. He attended the ‘Gandhi Darshan’ course and took the ‘Gandhi Vichar Pariksha’ in jail. [similar to "Lage Raho Munna Bhai"]

# As a prisoner serving rigorous imprisonment, Sanjay needs to work as an ordianary prisoner in the jail to earn his living.

# A police constable was suspended for hugging Sanajy as he was released from prison on bail, cosidering it to be professional misconduct. However the policeman was reinstated after the media pointed out that a minister had hugged Dutt, with no such “Side Effects”.

Sanjay Dutt quotes

# “I don’t remember of any phase in my life where there have been no problems,”

# “Today, as I’ve matured I’ve understood his silent strength and grown even closer to him. I love my dad, I adore him. Today my love for him is something I feel strongly about. I realised how it took a change in me to appreciate my dad’s strength.”

# “I was always my mother’s pet. She gave me whatever I wanted. Those days for me to whiz around in a sports car and wear Italian threads was the most important thing. I mean, life was one big party. Loud music, wild partying, the works.”

# “I always was a passionate man, a passionate person. To me passion meant living it up. Enjoying life to the fullest. I always did what I wanted. I was always given whatever I desired.”

# “Earlier I was violent too. Hot-tempered. I used to hate myself later, after losing my cool. It is people with no directive in life, who’re violent. People with zero intelligence. Zero sensitivity. Zero civility and with no powers of reasonability who resort to violence.”

# “I concentrate on my work. I’ve made it my passion today. I laugh within when people praise my acting today. The same people had predicted that I’d never make it.”

# “Success is like a fistful of sand, you relax a bit and it slips out of your fingers.”

# “You know, my success depresses me. It always has. Every time my films do well I feel kind of responsibilities increase, expectations run high. I’m not sure I can live up to them, no actor can keep giving hits again and again.”

# “I respond to love and kindness with all my heart. If I get a little I am willing to give everything.”

# “I don’t feel competitive at all. I feel everybody’s got their own place. I’m not in the number game at all. I’ve never wanted to be. I am an individual, not a number.”

# “All I can say is that I have full faith in the judiciary. I am thankful to the people of this country; I have a long battle to face; please pray for me and I love you all.” [ After released on bail]

Sanjay Dutt best movie list

Rocky ( Sanjay Dutt  , Tina Munim , Reena Roy )
Vidhaata ( Sanjay Dutt , Dilip Kumar , Sanjeev Kumar , Shammi Kapoor )
Naam ( Sanjay Dutt , Nutan , Kumar Gaurav)
Hathyar ( Dharmendra , Sangeeta Bijlani , Sanjay Dutt , Rishi Kapoor )
Saajan ( Sanjay Dutt , Madhuri Dixit , Salman Khan )
Khalnayak ( Sanjay Dutt , Madhuri Dixit , Jackie Shroff ,Subhash Ghai , Rakhee , Ramya Krishna )
Vaastav ( Sanjay Dutt , Reema Lagoo , Namrata Shirodkar , Shivaji Satam )
Mission Kashmir ( Sanjay Dutt , Preity zinta , Hrithik Roshan , Sonali Kulkarni )
Munnabhai M.B.B.S. ( Sanjay Dutt , Sunil Dutt , Arshad Warsi , Gracy Singh )
Lage Raho Munnabhai ( Sanjay Dutt , Vidya Balan , Arshad Warsi , Boman Irani , Diya Mirza , Dilip Prabhavalkar )
Shootout At Lokhandwala ( Sanjay Dutt , Vivek Oberoi , Tusshar Kapoor , Abhishek Bachchan  , Amitabh Bachchan , Sunil Shetty )
Sanjay Dutt about Munnabhai MBBS. [2003] :

“It’s a kind of satire on the medical profession, but at the same time, it’s a fun film, though not a slapstick comedy. The jokes and dialogs aren’t written to evoke a forced laughter; I’d say it’s situational. Munnabhai is comical because of the way he is. But at the core, it’s a very emotional film. It will be a really fantastic film. The script is amazingly hilarious. It’s not an inspired story, it’s original. Munnabhai was one role I couldn’t refuse, as it’s in a league of its own. Suddenly, due to one jhatka in his life, he decides to become a doctor. So how a bhai enrolls in a medical college and goes to study medicine is very funny as an idea.”

Sanjay Dutt’s major awards

IIFA “Award for Artistic Excellence, Actor in a leading role” [ Vaastav: The Reality,2000]
Filmfere Best Actor [ Vaastav: The Reality,2000 ]
Winner, Best Comedian [ Munnabhai M.B.B.S.,2004]
GIFA, Critics Choice Awards – Best Actor (Male) [ Lage Raho Munna Bhai,2006]
Bollywood Movie Award – Critics Award Male [ Kaante,2003 ]
Bollywood Movie Award – Most Sensational Actor [ Munnabhai M.B.B.S.,2004]





No comments:

Post a Comment